Monument record LCS 068 - Cropmarks of uncertain archaeological significance
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 46530 62745 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LEISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Concentric semi-circular cropmark possible ring ditch, approximately 20m diameter, visible from APs. Possible second smaller ring inside(?)(S1)(R1)(R2).
April 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks described above, interpreted as one, possibly two, concentric semi-circular ring ditches, of unknown but possibly Bronze Age date, were not recognised on the aerial photographs consulted by the project.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 24th April 2015.
- <R1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S1> SSF54456 Unpublished document: Richmond, A.. 1994. Evaluation Report, Sizewell C. Figures 4 & 5.
- <R2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. RCHME.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation (Ref: ) (ESF18402)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM46SE. Mapping Block 1: Walberswick to Aldeburgh. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 7085) (ESF22910)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2016 11:47AM