Monument record LCS 071 - Cropmarks of uncertain archaeological significance
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 45791 63463 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LEISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Causewayed ring ditch approximately 10m diameter, surrounded by oval boundary, visible from APs (S1)(R1)(R2).
March 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks of a causewayed ring ditch surrounded by an oval boundary, described above, appear to have been recorded from aerial photographs (S2), rather than run OS/69070 as suggested in the report (S1). They are of doubtful archaeological origin; a natural and/or recent agricultural origin is more likely.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 26th March 2015.
- <R1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph.
- <S1> SSF54456 Unpublished document: Richmond, A.. 1994. Evaluation Report, Sizewell C. Figures 4 & 5.
- <R2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. RCHME.
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. OS/69069 V 036-037 05-APR-1969 (EHA Original Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation (Ref: ) (ESF18402)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM46SE. Mapping Block 1: Walberswick to Aldeburgh. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 7085) (ESF22910)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2016 11:48AM