Monument record LCS 267 - Cropmarks of uncertain archaeological significance
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 467 639 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LEISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Large curved cropmarks visible on APs (S1)R1)(R2).
March 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks described above, which were recorded from aerial photographs (S2)-(S3), are of doubtful archaeological origin. A natural and/or recent agricultural origin is more likely; one of the ‘cropmarks’ may in fact equate to the earthwork of a curvilinear drain partly depicted on modern maps.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 20th March 2015.
Formerly recorded as LCS MISC
- <R1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S1> SSF54456 Unpublished document: Richmond, A.. 1994. Evaluation Report, Sizewell C. Figures 4 & 5.
- <R2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. RCHME.
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/58/5046 V 0027-0028 09-APR-1962 (EHA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service Airmap86 22 2686067-2686068 15-JUN-1986 (Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation (Ref: ) (ESF18402)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM46SE. Mapping Block 1: Walberswick to Aldeburgh. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 7085) (ESF22910)
Record last edited
Jan 18 2019 5:52PM