Monument record MNL 556 - College Heath Road
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7194 7566 (78m by 44m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- STRUCTURE (16th century to 17th century - 1500 AD to 1600 AD)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- HOUSE (16th century to 17th century - 1501 AD to 1600 AD)
- POST HOLE (16th century to 18th century - 1501 AD to 1700 AD)
- BUILDING (16th century to 18th century - 1501 AD to 1700 AD)
- ARTEFACT SCATTER (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
Full excavation of clay and chalk semi-detached cottages and timber framed outbuildings. Also Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age buried soil horizon (S3). Report O/S (Sept 2008) as monitoring ongoing.
See MNL 503 for preceeding evaluation (S1, S2).
- <S1> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. Evaluation Report No. 99/22, Gill, D. SCCAS.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 'Archaeology in Suffolk 1999', PSIAH, 39, 2000, 526.
- <S3> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 'Archaeology in Suffolk 2005', PSIAH, 2006, 41,252-254, fig 57.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 8 2008 12:42PM