Monument record IPS 594 - Alexander House, 73-81 St Matthew's Street, Ipswich, (IAS 7717).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1579 4484 (9m by 3m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
2008: The monitoring revealed natural sand and gravel at approximately 9.40m OD, two pits (one of which contained medieval pottery), an overlying layer of post-medieval garden soil and 19th-century brick and concrete foundations (S1).
See also (S2, S3).
- <S1> SSF50435 Unpublished document: Heard K. 2008. Archaeological Monitoring Report, Alexander House, 73-81 St Matthew's Street, Ipswich, IPS 594.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 7717.
- <S3> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 7717.
- FSF34301: POTTERY (16th century to 18th century - 1500 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF34302: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF41870: POTTERY STAMFORD (IPS: Middle Late Saxon to 14th century - 1000 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF41871: POTTERY ST NEOTS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 13th century - 900 AD to 1200 AD)
- FSF41873: POTTERY (IPS: Middle Late Saxon to 13th century - 1000 AD to 1200 AD)
- FSF41874: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF41876: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FSF41877: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (17th century to 18th century - 1680 AD to 1710 AD)
- FSF41878: WINE BOTTLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF41879: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF41880: COIN (13th century - 1280 AD to 1286 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 10 2016 2:50PM