Monument record SUE 113 - Land west of Lodge Farm, Sudbourne
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4211 5129 (199m by 203m)|
|Civil Parish||SUDBOURNE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
An area of c.2.4 hectares was evaluated by trial trenching as a condition of planning permission to construct a farm reservoir. Twenty one trenches were excavated, within which two adjacent early medieval ditches were recorded, as well as a north-south aligned ditch which was marked on the 1st-3rd edition Ordnance Survey map as a field boundary. The only other incised features present were what appeared to be large extraction pits, the deepest of which measured over 2m deep. Another of these pits had a layer of midden material at its base (S1).
- <S1> SSF54930 Unpublished document: Everett, L. 2012. Archaeological Evaluation Report, Land west of Lodge Farm, Sudbourne.
- FSF36579: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF36580: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF36581: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF36582: ANIMAL REMAINS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF36583: POTTERY (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF36584: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 5 2013 2:44PM