Monument record BAR 087 - Roman and undated features: AW PIPELINE - Trench 88 (NPS)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 949 724 (5m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||BARDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Evaluation identified a number of Roman features including ditches and pits, as well as undated features (S1).
- <S1> SSF55975 Unpublished document: Crawley, P.. 2014. Archaeological Trial Trench Evaluation, on the route of Anglian Water Bury PZ - Barnham Cross to Little Welnetham Treated Water Main.
- FSF41540: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF41542: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF41543: POTTERY (Middle Bronze Age to Early Iron Age - 1600 BC to 401 BC)
- FSF41544: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF41545: OYSTER SHELL (Unknown date)
- FSF41546: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF41547: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 9 2020 4:12PM