Monument record FKM 038 - Roman, Saxon and undated features: AW PIPELINE - Trench 048A (NPS)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 909 765 (16m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||FAKENHAM MAGNA, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
The evaluation identified two ditches and a post-hole of Roman date, two linear features of Saxon-medieval date and a number of undated linear features, post holes and pit, sealed beneath 50cm of subsoil (S1).
- <S1> SSF55975 Unpublished document: Crawley, P.. 2014. Archaeological Trial Trench Evaluation, on the route of Anglian Water Bury PZ - Barnham Cross to Little Welnetham Treated Water Main.
- FSF41051: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF41052: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF41053: POTTERY (Early Saxon to Medieval - 410 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF41054: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 11 2016 2:00PM