Monument record MUN 049 - Undated ditch, and post holes, New Stamina Track, Moulton Paddocks, Moulton
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 678 649 (435m by 316m)|
|Civil Parish||MOULTON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
2012: An archaeological excavation via strip, map and sample recorded a post-medieval ?quarry pit and undated ditch, gully and 16 post holes. Exception the modern feature none of the other features contained finds. A Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age sherd and a struck flint were found in the topsoil. The principal cluster of undated post holes was located on the western side of the site and in the proximity of the Beaker burial excavated in 2009 (See MUN 035) (S1).
- <S1> SSF58054 Unpublished document: Barlow, G.. 2013. An Archaeological Excavation via Strip, Map and Record, New Stamina Track, Moulton Paddocks, Moulton, Suffolk.
- FSF45936: POTTERY (Early Bronze Age to Early Iron Age - 2350 BC to 401 BC)
- FSF45937: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (18th century to 19th century - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- FSF45938: FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF45939: POTTERY (18th century to 19th century - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- FSF45940: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2017 4:35PM