Farmstead record BML 083 - Farmstead: Church Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2999 5076 (97m by 87m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMESWELL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Church Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map and the Bromeswell Tithe map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular L-plan with additional linear features. The farmhouse is connected to the working buildings. The farmstead is located alongside a public road in a village location. This farmstead has been completeley converted to residential use representing significant loss.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF22196 Map: 1843. Bromeswell Tithe Map.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2021 5:09PM