Farmstead record LCS 294 - Farmstead: Leiston House Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4279 6293 (117m by 141m)|
|Civil Parish||LEISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Leiston House Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular E-plan with the farmhouse detacehd and set away from the yard. The farmstead is set alongside a public road in an isolated location. There has been a partial loss of working buildings with modern sheds now on site.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50145 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. DOE (HHR) Leiston cum Sizewell UD Suff 1947 5.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 29 2021 3:07PM