Farmstead record TUN 081 - Farmstead: Dunningworth Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3878 5732 (112m by 96m)|
|Civil Parish||TUNSTALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- FARMSTEAD (18th century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (18th century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD MULTI YARD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD L PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD U PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Dunningworth Hall is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular multi yard patterm with L-plan and U-plan elements, as well as further detached elements. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead sits alongside a public road in an isolated location. There has been a significant loss of working buildings with the remaining converted for residential use.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 14 2019 8:35PM