Farmstead record BRF 170 - Farmstead: (Lower Barn)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1166 4815 (51m by 70m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAMFORD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
(Lower Barn), Bramford. 19th century farmstead and farmhouse. Regular courtyard L-shaped plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is detached facing side on to the yard. The farmstead has been totally demolished. Located within an isolated position (S1-6).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- <S6> SSF57623 Map: 1838. Bramford Tithe Map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2020 1:31PM