Monument record AKE 002 - Roman artefact scatter
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 143 488 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||AKENHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of Rom grey ware and samian sherds in plough soil (S1)(R1).
March 1993: Single sherd of Rom grey ware, abraded, at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S2).
Also large metalwork scatter found during 1998. Includes 6 coins, 5 brooch fragments and a bronze mount.
Also IA and see AKE 006.
- <S1> SSF50018 Finds Report: Plouviez, J.. 1995. SCCAS Finds Record:. Plouviez, J., SCCAS. 1998.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1971, 205.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1971-187, 1971.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S2> SSF19771 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, 1993.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF14442: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF14443: POTTERY SAMIAN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF31366: COLCHESTER DERIVATIVE BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31368: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31369: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31370: MOUNT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31371: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31372: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31373: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF31375: RING (Unknown date)
- FSF31376: TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF31377: TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF31378: WORKED OBJECT (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 10 2021 5:16PM