Monument record CLY 005 - Paper Mill Lane (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1286 4926 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||CLAYDON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Rom material found during the construction of the Claydon-by-Pass. Finds consisted of:- large quantity of pottery sherds; finger ring with spiral bezel; three bronze brooches (early C2); ligula (spatulate end lacking); trumpet brooch (C1); bone needle case made from bird bone and containing an iron needle; rider for a 'hook and rider' hinge; iron wedge; iron auger tip, and spikes; quantities of slag and scrap bronze (S1)(S2)(S3).
See also IA and Sax.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1974-112, 1974.
- <R1> SSF9890 (No record type): IPSMG, sections (3), M117, July 1974.
- <S2> SSF18943 (No record type): SAU, AR 4.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14NW35.
- <S4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 33, 1974, (2), 213-214.
- FSF11834: (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11835: TRUMPET BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11836: NEEDLE (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11837: BOW BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11838: WEDGE (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11839: FINGER RING (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11840: METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF11841: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 22 2006 10:16AM