Monument record CHV 006 - Church of All Saints; Church of St John the Baptist
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7887 6012 (103m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CHEVINGTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Church. Basil Brown gives a brief description of All Saints Church together with a sketch map showing its proximity to Chevington Hall Farm (once the manor house site of the Abbots of Bury St Edmunds). Munro Cautley, Nikolaus Pevsner and Basil Brown all refer to this church as All Saints (S1)(S2)(S3). OS map 1:10560 Provisional Edition, however, names the church as St John the Baptist's Church (S4).
- <S1> SSF3293 Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 253.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 2, `Chevington Moat and Earthworks',1858, 435.
- <S2> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. Pevsner N, Suffolk, London, 1974, 164, 165.
- <S3> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XXIV, 84, 87.
- <S4> SSF15215 (No record type): OS, map TL 76 SE.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 1 2021 1:19PM