Find Spot record ERL 004 - Blacksmith Landpit, Foxhole Heath, Eriswell
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7389 7750 (51m by 52m)|
|Civil Parish||ERISWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1934 : "Fragments of domestic beaker, 'B' beaker, from Foxhole Heath" (S1). TL 7389 7750 Bronze Age remains found (S1S4).
1954 : TL 739 775 ploughing revealed black patch, beaker sherds, bones, pot boilers and a flint scraper found (S1, S3, S5).
Nos 880-881 in Clarkes Corpus classified as E Anglian and finger nail groups (S2). Possibly some confusion with ERL 031.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL 77NW15.
- <S2> SSF3565 Bibliographic reference: Clarke D L. 1970. Beaker Pottery of GB & Ireland 2.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 27, 1955, 43.
- <S4> SSF59873 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1958. OS 6" 1958.
- <S5> SSF3359 Bibliographic reference: CBA. 1954. Group 7, bulletin 1. CBA group 7, bulletin 1, 1954.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 22 2021 3:59PM