Monument record FRK 010 - Bruce Grove Freckenham
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 675 743 (110m by 91m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FRECKENHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Roman sherds found 1931, recorded in 1951 (S1). Small area situated in a dip, with pottery including samian (f.33), ?Nene Valley, grey ware in plough soil. Nil on remainder of field (S2).
Bronze coins, 137 total, found with metal detector in the same area, circa 100 yards S of hoard (FRK 016), date range Hadrian - Arcadius). Bronze brooches (3) - C1, bracelet fragment, bronze `trompetenmuster' (like trikele), harness? fitting (C1-C3) etc (S2).
? Related Worlington 005 'villa'; near FRK 012.
Further information in Not to Publlish Tab (SCCAS staff only).
See also FRK 016.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL67SE10.
- <S2> SSF18145 Excavation archive: Plouviez J. 1981. Site report. SAU (Plouviez J), site report, 1981.
- <S3> SSF11308 Cartographic materials: Briscoe, J. 1951. MIHLM, Correspondents 6 inch record map, G Briscoe entry, 1951.
- <S4> SSF11266 Museum Record Card: MIHLM. 1931. 81.126-132. MIHLM, 81.126-132.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF16791: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16792: POTTERY SAMIAN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16793: COIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16794: COLCHESTER BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16795: BOW BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16796: POTTERY COLOUR COATED (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16797: BRACELET (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF16798: HARNESS (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 16 2020 10:29AM