Monument record MNL 158 - 'Crossbank Fen, Lakenheath'
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 643 825 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (1)
Very fine grey flint dagger recorded as from Crossbank Fen, Lakenheath, TL 643 825 (S1-S4). Crossbank Farm, Lakenheath is on sheet TL 68 SE at TL 674 809. Purchased by BSEMH in 1967 (S4). Quoted findspot somewhat dubious as deep fen, however, another flint dagger is also known from similar situation at TL 6258 8649, Burnt Fen, Norfolk (BSEMH 1977. 641)(S5).
- <S1> SSF55956 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1967. Archaeol in Suff, 1967, PSIA, 31, 1967, (1), 79, (ill).
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL68SW8.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Lakenheath, Beaker.
- <S4> SSF2600 Museum Record Card: BSEMH. 1977. card 1977.643. BSEMH, card 1977.643.
- <S5> SSF2574 Map: A R Edwardson. BSEMH, 6 inch record map.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2020 3:02PM