Poorly Located Find Spot record LKH 493 - Bronze Age looped palstave, Undley Fen
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 7 8 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Looped palstave with trident pattern decoration. Parallel ribs on septum floor. Loop broken. Poor condition, very pitted. Dark brown, length 16.8 cms. Found in `Undley Fen' (S2). Formerly Fitch collection, NWHCM 17.955. Late MBA to LBA form (S1).
Also recorded in (S3-S5).
Undley Fen is centred at circa TL 685 828 (S6).
Formerly recorded as LKH MISC
- <S1> SSF15922 (No record type): Pendleton C, The Distribution of BA metalwork in NW Suffolk, BA dissertation, Nottingham, 1985, numb.
- <S2> SSF3492 (No record type): Cheetham F W, BA Metalwork in Norwich Castle Museum, 2nd ed, 1977, 21.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL78SW53.
- <S4> SSF5640 (No record type): Edwardson A R, BA Metalwork in Moyses Hall Museum, 1968.
- <S5> SSF17816 Bibliographic reference: Rowlands M J. 1976. The Organisation of MBA metalworking. number 970.
- <S6> SSF12446 (No record type): OS, 1 inch to 1 mile, 1st ed, 1865.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:47AM