Site Event/Activity record ESF26385 - Monitoring, RAF Wattisham, Great Bricett
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0342 5121 (335m by 190m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT BRICETT, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service
Monitoring of soil stripping and footing and drainage excavations associated with extensive housing development was carried out as the third and final phase of archaeological work which included earlier fieldwalking, evaluation and excavation. Topsoil was stripped using a buldozer, leaving a very rough surface of churned subsoil. Very little archaeology could survive this technique. On the western edge of the site, topsoil was stripped using a mechanical excavator which did revealed archaeological evidence (S1).
- <S1> SSF50886 Unpublished document: Boulter, S.. 1994. Archaeological Monitoring Report, A.A.C. Wattisham Housing Project, Bricett Gt.
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- BCG 006 Adjacent Cedar Close, RAF Wattisham, Great Bricett, (Prehistoric). (Monument)
- BCG 006 Adjacent Cedar Close, RAF Wattisham, Great Bricett, (Roman-Medieval). (Monument)
- BCG 007 Artefact scatter including burnt flints, Roman and medieval pottery, post medieval tile (Monument)
- BCG 005 Multi-period site, RAF Wattisham, (Roman-Medieval). (Monument)
Record last edited
Nov 21 2019 2:36PM