Poorly Located Find Spot record CAM 104 - Cavenham General? Implements in Luton Museum, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 76 69 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CAVENHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1930s-1940s: Mesolithic implements from Cavenham held in Luton Museum, formerly part of Owen Williamson of Hitchen Collection amassed in 1930s and 1940s (S1-S5).
Jacobi records these as found in 1947, it is unknown whether this is simply the museum accession date (S3, S5).
Formerly recorded as CAM MISC
- <S1> SSF10626 Source Unchecked: Luton Museum?. 1991. Luton Museum (Holgate R), letter & artefact list, December 1991. Luton Museum (Holgate R), letter & artefact list, December 1991.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11357.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 928.
- <S5> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S6> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11267.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Aug 4 2020 12:39PM