Monument record CAC 001 - Hollow Lane, Carlton Colville, (Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 513 905 (101m by 101m)|
|Civil Parish||CARLTON COLVILLE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1968: Worked flint scatter, found fieldwalking. Includes 3 Thames picks broken, 1 transverse arrowhead, 9 Mesolithic blades, 3 Mesolithic blade cores. Various flints, scrapers etc (S1-3).
Roger Jacobi Identified 3 Early Mesolithic Tranchet Axes or Adzes (assume the "Thames Picks"), flint cores, blades and a scrapers. The artefact tree has been updated accordingly, (S4-5).
Also Neolithic finds (see MSF 21).
See also (S6).
- <S1> SSF55973 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1968. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1968. PSIAH, 1968, XXXI.2, pp. 188–201..
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM59SW10, 1978.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card, 1.
- <S4> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11429.
- <S5> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project. 11429.
- <S6> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 918.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2021 2:43PM