Monument record WLD 025 - Waldringfield Quarry
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 25856 44584 (203m by 228m)|
|Civil Parish||WALDRINGFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
June 1994: evaluation of 4.5 ha area revealed 3 Undated ditches and a shallow pit, probably of recent date (S4). Further 0.5 ha areatrenched locating 2 further undated likely field boundary ditches (S3).
Sept 1995: Area 5 and 7. Evaluation, including desk-top and trial trenching revealed one in-filled ditch which appeared to mark the line of the old parish boundary between Waldringfield and Brightwell. No other archaeological evidence was discovered (S2).
October 2000: Monitoring of 10 test pits in proposed sand & gravel quarry. Two ditches observed. 35cm wide by 15cm deep. No dating evidence recovered, may be former boundary ditches. Details in (S1).
Evaluation in 2003 revealed no archaeological evidence (S5).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF50119 Unpublished document: Atfield, R.. 2008. Monitoring Report Generic. SCCAS, Everett L, 2000/84, October 2000.
- <S2> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. SCCAS, Boulter S, 'Waldringfield Quarry: Areas 5 & 7', 95/53, Sep 95, ill.
- <S3> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. SCCAS, Boulter S, 'Waldringfield Quarry', 94/61 Nov 94, ill.
- <S4> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SCCAS, Boulter S, 'Waldringfield Quarry', 94/34, June 1994, ill.
- <S5> SSF50006 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Everett, L., SCCAS. 2003/24.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (4)
Record last edited
Nov 30 2022 11:52AM