Farmstead record WTH 039 - Farmstead: Paradise Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6680 4813 (102m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT WRATTING, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||WITHERSFIELD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Paradise Farm is a farmstaed visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular L-plan with the farmhouse detached and set on the opposite side of the road. The farmstead sits on either side of a public road in an isolated location. This farmstead survives intact with conversion for residential use. (S2-5)
Group of 19th century brick agricultural buildings which include a 5 bay barn, a cattle shed and a vehicle room (S1).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF54634 Unpublished document: Shackle, R. 2010. Planning appraisal Heritage Asset: Paradise Farm, Withersfield, Suffolk.
- <S2> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S5> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 6 2020 8:37AM