Monument record BNH 069 - Iron Age / Roman features. North Farm, Barnham (BNH 069).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 846 792 (584m by 404m)|
|Civil Parish||BARNHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
2012: Evaluation identified a number of Iron Age / Roman and undated ditches and gullies, the small finds assemblage indicates that these features are likely to represent part of a relatively small scale late Iron Age to early Romano-British rural farmstead, details to follow. (S1)
See also Early prehistoric record and Geological investigation, (mapped seperately as part of Palaeolithic and Mesolithic HER enhancement, 2019).
- --- SSF59392 Unpublished document: Boismier, W. A.. 2012. Geological Investigation of North Farm Geological Investigation of North Farm Borrow Pit, Barnham, Suffolk.
- <S1> SSF58084 Unpublished document: Muldowney, L. & Jones, C.. 2012. Archaeological evaluation of proposed Borrow Pit, North Farm, Barnham.
- FSF49153: POTTERY (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF49154: CERAMIC (Undated)
- FSF49155: TEGULA (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF49156: ANIMAL REMAINS (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF49157: PLANT REMAINS (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 18 2019 9:56AM