Farmstead record HGR 045 - Farmstead: Little Horringer Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8181 6288 (139m by 175m)|
|Civil Parish||HORRINGER, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- FARMSTEAD (18th century - 1740 AD to 1760 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (18th century - 1740 AD to 1760 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD MULTI YARD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD E PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD U PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD FULL PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Little Horringer Hall is afarmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular multi yard pattern with E-plan, U-plan, and full plan elements. The farmhouse is detached and set side on to the yard. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location. Only the farmhouse remains with large modern sheds now on site. (S1-4)
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S2> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 2 2020 1:34PM