Monument record STU 002 - Field above Stutton Ness, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 150 332 (293m by 441m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STUTTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1969: Core in grey flint. Found in plough soil near river in 1969 by R Forsdike (S1-S4).
Date unknown, (Pre 1977): Also assembage, including cores, axes, blades/flakes and a graver, (S5).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM13SW33.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Stutton Mesolithic.
- <S3> SSF56489 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1969. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1969.
- <S4> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M1180, M1182.
- <S5> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 264.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Intervention: Systematic Fieldwalking Survey? Field above Stutton Ness, (Ref: Forsdyke) (ESF27941)
- Event - Intervention: Systematic Fieldwalking Survey? Field above Stutton Ness, (Ref: Forsdyke) (ESF27942)
Record last edited
Jun 11 2020 1:39PM