Monument record BNT 004 - Brantham Hall (Farm) Pit, Brantham, (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1167 3351 (134m by 199m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRANTHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1925? Small irregular hand-axe, in slightly rolled condition, marked `base' (S3). From `upper part of gravels', Brantham Hall Farm Pit, collected by G(uy) Maynard (S1-S5 ).
See also Bronze Age & Iron Age records.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, 1925-41, 1925.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM13SW42.
- <S3> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. 209.
- <S4> SSF17674 Bibliographic reference: Roe, Derek.. 1968. A Gazetteer of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites. 263.
- <S5> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22823.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 16 2020 2:35PM