Monument record IKL 194 - A11 Fiveways to Thetford Road Improvement, AREA 7
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 776 769 (406m by 382m)|
|Civil Parish||ICKLINGHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
2012-2013: Two pits, one containing burnt flint, and nice flint scatters were identified during a watching brief. The flints date from the Mesolithic through to the Early Bronze Age, indicating Mesolithic and Neolithic occupation that may have extended into the Bronze Age (S1).
- <S1> SSF57705 Unpublished document: Lees, M., and Hinman, M., and Stump, D.. 2013. A11 Fiveways to Thetford Road Improvements, A Post-Excavation Assessment of Archaeological Excavations 2012-2013.
- FSF44837: SIDE AND END SCRAPER (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC?)
- FSF44838: BURNT FLINT (Late Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 3000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF50524: RETOUCHED FLAKE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC?)
- FSF50525: CORE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC?)
- FSF50526: END SCRAPER (Late Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 3000 BC to 42 AD?)
- FSF50527: DENTICULATE (Star Carr Type Mesolithic to Early Neolithic - 9000 BC to 3001 BC?)
- FSF50528: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF50529: OPPOSED PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2020 12:02PM